COPIOUS is a great team of very talented folks based in Portland, OR that takes a craftsmanship approach to creating interactive products. We are looking for a talented Android and/or iOS Engineer who takes as much pride in their work as we do, and who loves building beautiful apps. At your heart you're equal parts craftsmen, artist, and scientist, with a passion for learning, teaching, and solving problems.
COPIOUS is a user-centered digital experience agency. We're not your typical digital agency — we’re a hybrid group of passionate problem solvers. The COPIOUS team resembles a consumer product-focused technology startup. Our team comes from digital agencies, startups, and software companies and we highly value this set of backgrounds and experiences. It makes our team stronger and our work better, which is why we have a reputation for delivering innovative digital solutions.
Our vision is always forward and upward — we're committed to being a top national boutique firm where clients bring their most technical, most complex, risky or game changing challenges. Each day we take ground toward that goal. If you're looking for a place where you're not bound by what you've done or your title — but by what you're willing to take on — then you're in the right place.
Oh and by the way, all the really juicy work we’re most excited about we can't show on our website. Its the work that really shows our chops. That work will be surfacing in the coming months, so don't be deterred by what you see or don't see now. We're working on complex Ecommerce, native mobile apps for healthcare, innovative responsive web apps, large content driven experiences — the list goes on, but that gives you a taste.
- Words people use to describe us: passionate, honest, trustworthy, bold, innovative
- We love a good challenge. Throw us a meaty problem, opportunity or goal and let us dig in, we work with our clients so we get to truly partner with them
- We build solutions — we don't build widgets
- We solve complex problems through digital strategy, user-centered UX and building software
- We build complex software and optimize it for web scale usage
- We simplify the complex through innovation, design thinking and technology
- We don't always tell our clients yes. You'll hear open and honest communication through the internal team and through to our clients
- We're committed to always learning — personally, across teams and disciplines and as an entire company. We're always looking for ways to do what we do better, building higher-caliber experiences with less friction
Our physical space tells you more about what it's like to be on the team
- We work in an open collaborative space, with high ceilings and lots of natural light
- Our office has a beer on tap, coffee is always brewing and you can make yourself an espresso with the touch of a button
- The fridges (yes plural) and shelves are stocked with snacks, fresh fruit and drinks
- We have tons of breakout rooms with whiteboards — that's where the best ideas often develop
- Need a break? We have lounge areas, a roof deck, a workout room, shuffleboard, ping-pong and darts
- We're within a 3 block radius of over 50 food carts. Don't worry, we'll tell you our favorites.
Ideally, you are someone with:
- One or many commercial or personal mobile apps you were involved with
- Skilled in Objective C & iOS API's AND/OR Java & Android API's
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and incorporate them
- An appreciation for solid User Experience — making things people will WANT to use
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- Ability to play nice with others
Special consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Have worked in agencies or agency-like environments
- Have mentored, led, managed, or desire to mentor other mobile developers
- Have experience in mobile web projects / technologies
- Understand agile and waterfall methodologies, and have experience with both
- Can build out not just device application functionality, but the back-end services that drive it
COPIOUS is a smart team of talented folks that take a craftsmanship approach to create great work for leading clients. We were recently named one of the 2011 Fastest Growing Private 100 Companies in Oregon. We love variety and new challenges — whether it’s a custom app for a start-up or completely overhauling an online brand for established, national clients.
You might want to read a few of our blog posts on mobile to get a feel for the people you'd be working with, and our outlook and approach:
How to Apply
To apply, fill out our online application here - We'll only have time to respond to the most qualified candidates. Confidentiality is ensured.
Click here to view other opportunities.