When you get busy with life — and in this case, growing a business — it's crucial to step back and appreciate all that you've accomplished.
In the past few years we've seen a great deal of success: landing new clients, helping current clients succeed in the midst of so many who are not, assembling an incredible team of truly talented individuals, and continuing to build muscle in our areas of expertise.
As I step back and appreciate all this, I find myself also revisiting the lessons that got us here. They're not all original, but they're all crucial nonetheless.
- Surround yourself with people smarter than you ✓
- Don't settle. Ever. ✓
- Continue to innovate and grow — the lack of growth gets us closer to death ✓
- Don't be afraid to change what you do or how you do it ✓
- Create a culture that is about something. Shared vision and purpose are vital. ✓
- Listen. To your clients, to your team, to yourself (don't ignore that gut instinct). ✓
A heartfelt thanks goes out to all our clients, my team here at COPIOUS, and all of you we count as valuable partners. We truly wouldn't be where we are without you. If you're in Portland we're throwing an open house to celebrate next week. Drop me a line if you'd like to attend: email@example.com. Old friends or secret admirers alike — we're always looking to meet great people.